Ozone Therapy – Acworth, GA
Naturally Treat Infections and Disease
At Biologic Dentistry, nothing is more important to us than your safety and well-being. Dr. John Hamel and his team strive to provide safe, effective holistic treatments to promote the health of your teeth and gums. Among one of the many advancements you will find in our office is ozone therapy in Acworth. This naturally eliminates bacteria, fungus, viruses, and other pathogens using energized oxygen. The therapy kills harmful microbes while leaving healthy cells untouched. Dr. Hamel uses this balancing effect to enhance your body’s natural healing properties for a healthy, beautiful smile.
How Does Ozone Therapy Work?
Ozone therapy is widely used in Europe and around the world but has only recently become a popular treatment in the U.S. as a natural way to eliminate bacteria. It works using the oxidative power of ozone. When bacteria and disease-causing microbes are treated with the therapy, it causes them to burst and die almost instantly as white blood cells enter them. Although the process is powerful enough to kill even the most stubborn bacteria and pathogens, it is gentle to leave your healthy cells unscathed.
Benefits of Ozone Therapy
Ozone therapy provides a diversity of benefits when used in holistic dentistry, including:
- Naturally kills bacteria and sterilizes an area.
- Increases body’s ability to heal by stimulating circulation and oxygenation.
- Prevents and treats infections.
- Treats oral abscesses and ulcers.
- Reduces and treats gum disease.
- Improves body’s immune response.
How Can Ozone Therapy Help Me?
Now, ozonated water or gas can be used in a variety of dental treatments to restore the health of a tooth by penetrating the heart of the infection without any lingering side effects. Dr. Hamel uses it to treat several conditions, such as:
- Tooth Sensitivity: Ozone disrupts bacteria trapped in areas of weakened enamel that can lead to tooth sensitivity. This helps to reduce symptoms when eating or drinking something that is hot or cold.
- Gum Disease: Ozone targets oral bacteria that can destroy the gingival tissue and the supporting structures of your teeth. It helps promote the healing process within the connective tissues to stop the damages of the infection.
- Root Canals: While Dr. Hamel does what he can to avoid root canals, there are times when one may be necessary. Ozone helps to sterilize your tooth to ensure the success of the procedure. This helps to eliminate the risk of bacteria being trapped in the tooth before it is sealed with gutta-percha.